Sunday, April 7, 2013

Book clubs


I’d like to join a book club. Reading is one of my favorite things to do when I have free time. I could spend hours reading as long as I am left alone in the quiet. Reading is a very solitary activity. I think joining a book club of some sort would help make it a bit more social. I love discussing the books I read, but I find that most people I know don’t read the same books as me, or they don’t read at all. Reading isn’t like television where you can find at least one other person who watches the same show that you love.

I’m not exactly sure how to go about joining a book club. I know there are sites like meetup where you can join groups. I’m sure there are book clubs there. I think I’m a little afraid of doing something like that. I don’t like being in groups of people that I don’t know very well.

Another option would be to start my own book club, but I don’t think that anyone I know would like something like that. Most of the people that I know don’t read. I have a few reading friends, but don’t read as many books as I do. They take months to finish a book where as I can finish a book in around 2 days.

There is also goodreads. I love using the site as a way to keep track of the things that I read but I have no participated in any of the community aspects of the site. I am always really shy about interacting with people on the internet for some reason. I am not entirely sure why. It’s completely anonymous so I know that I shouldn’t be shy. I have to change my shy ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment