Thursday, April 4, 2013

New blog and writing


It’s time to practice my writing. I’ve never been a very good writer. The only way to improve is to do it though, so I thought I’d start a blog and use it to practice. I’ll write about anything that comes into my mind. I don’t know why I want to improve my writing. I never want to be a writer. I don’t want to write a book. It seems like a good skill to have, I guess. 

I was always more of a mathematical person. In school I enjoyed doing math and science more than writing. With math there is always a correct and logical answer. Writing is open ended, and something about that scares me. Even though I’m not a big writer, I really love to read. You would think the two of those would go hand in hand but I guess they don’t.

I’m probably going to have to make a list of things to write here, or else I’m going to end up running out of ideas really quickly. I’m jealous of people who can pull out a piece of paper and write whatever comes into their mind. I don’t have a talent like that. I really need to sit down and think about what I want to write. I’m trying to use this blog as an exercise in not thinking to much. Thinking doesn’t help you get things done. In order to improve you need to do. And that’s exactly what I’ll be doing here. Maybe at the end of it all, I can say I learned to be a little more creative.

So a bit about me, I’m a freelance artist.  Totally self employed and I have a bit of spare time. That’s why I started this. Here’s to what might be a nice long blogging life.

No comments:

Post a Comment