Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cupcakes


I really like cupcakes. Me and a friend of mine made a pact that we would go around to every bakery trying to discover where the best cupcakes are. My favorite cupcakes are ones that are light and moist. I love a cupcake that has a light cream on top as well. I really don’t like heavy, thick, and sweet frostings. They usually distract from the way the cake tastes.

It’s hard to find a good cupcake though. I have had my fair share of amazing ones. But there are a lot of popular chains that sell cupcakes and they have a really generic and bland taste to them. People go crazy for these kinds of cupcakes and I’m not entirely sure why. Maybe they just don’t know any better. I wish I could go around the world and show everyone what a good cupcake is supposed to taste like.

It’s interesting that I like cupcakes so much because I don’t really like cake. Maybe it’s because cupcakes are smaller than cakes so they taste more delicious. I have been trying to bake the perfect cupcakes at home, but I’m not very good at it to be honest. I can’t seem to nail the lightness that bakeries can. I know if I keep practicing I’ll finally be able to do it. But I think my family is starting to get frustrated with my wasting lots of ingredients on my journey to make the perfect cupcake.

I think when I get married, instead of having a large cake, I want to have one of those stands that has lots of different cupcakes arranged on it. I never really want to have a large crazy wedding party. I think what I’d like the most is to just have a room with me and my husband and a bunch of cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment